Altern Limited is a Maltese company working in areas of Sustainability and Alternative Energy, with the target market being the industrial and commercial sector. With over 10 years’ experience, Altern has been involved in several unique projects related to the design and installation of LED Lighting Systems and Photovoltaic Systems. Other fields of expertise lie within Energy Auditing, Energy Management, Battery Storage, and Co-generation technologies. The Altern Team comprises of engineers, technicians, and installers, and is currently looking to reinforce the Technical Team.
Lighting Design Associate
The successful candidate shall be assisting in the business development, implementation, and management of a variety of LED Lighting projects both locally and internationally. The successful candidate shall report to the Lighting Department Manager and liaise directly with clients and the internal team. The post offers a unique opportunity for the individual to be involved in a variety of lighting projects across different industries, with unique opportunities to broaden one’s knowhow on the subject. The ideal candidate shall:
- Assist the Lighting Engineer on liaising with clients and suppliers
- Perform site visits to measure, observe and propose a specific lighting design
- Perform simulations using specialised lighting software (training will be provided)
- Generate proposals based on specific functional and aesthetic requirements
- Liaise with the installation team to ensure successful project completion
- Manage maintenance schedules for completed lighting projects
- Perform Research and Development projects
- Perform business development, administrative and project management tasks for the above sectors
At Altern, we strive for top quality projects. To ensure this, our staff is assigned a workload that energises, engages, and motivates them, leading to the best working environment and results. Training shall be provided for any areas worked upon, and the candidate may be selected for exclusive training and courses as part of their on-going growth. The post gives the possibility for the individual to enrol to formal training programs within the area of energy engineering.
All applicants are expected to have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or design related subject (MQF Level 6)
- An Engineering Degree is considered an asset
- A passion towards sustainability and design
- A good knowledge and experience in the use of CAD and other engineering software
- An outgoing personality and ability to work in a team
- A clean driving licence
- Motivation and capability of working on own initiative with an eye for detail and quality
- The capability of undertaking the completion of projects
- Hands on experience is considered an asset
Applicants are kindly requested to send written applications together with a detailed CV by e-mail on [email protected]. Altern is an equal opportunities company and shall treat all applicants equally.